ChiliProject 2.5.0 has just been released. It includes some bugfixes for ChiliProject 2.4.0 as well as one security fix. It is suitable for use on production websites and we recommend that all users download the release as soon as possible.
Users of the old 1.x release branch, please check the 1.5.5 release which includes the security fix.
2.5.0 includes 3 new features and 9 bug fixes including 1 security fix for 2.4.0. The major highlights of this release are:
- The provided perl module Redmine.pm for authenticating and authorizing subversion or git users for repositories served through Apache was vulnerable to a cache poisoning attack if caching was enabled. The vulnerability could result in a temporary permissions escalation giving a user write permission to a repository she normally had only read permission. The fix will be immediately active after installation and reboot of the Apache the Redmine.pm is installed on.
- Registered but not-yet activated users can now be deleted.
- 2 view hooks have been added to the Project index.
- Still more Ruby 1.9 compatibility fixes.
- The vendored ruby-net-ldap gem has been removed and replaced by an updated version (now called net-ldap) in the Gemfile.
- Small bug fixes and translation improvements.
All users of ChiliProject are strongly advised to update their installations as soon as possible.
Users of Redmine should be advised that the fixed security issue of Redmine.pm is also present there. There is currently no Redmine release that fixes the it. Currently it is only addressed in the trunk and 1.3-stable branch in the repository. You should either upgrade or apply the fix manually.
The full list of changes are below:
- Bug #258: Upgrade from ruby-net-ldap to net-ldap gem
- Bug #554: Failed to migrate from 1.2.0 to 2.1.0 with Ruby 1.9.2
- Bug #688: doc/CHANGELOG.rdoc is very huge
- Bug #698: Searching in issue is broken on ruby 1.9
- Bug #707: Wiki diffs: incompatible character encoding error on Ruby 1.9.2
- Bug #709: Redmine.pm potential security issue with cache credential enabled and subversion
- Bug #711: translation missing: en, field_lock_version on issue edit on Ruby 1.9
- Bug #735: any user can edit time entries via context menu
- Bug #736: Adding users with a dash “-” in email address is broken sometimes
- Feature #124: User deletion
- Feature #706: Add hooks to view projects/index.rhtml
- Feature #725: Compatibility check for jQuery and Prototype availability
Contributors to 2.5.0
- David O
- Eric Davis
- Felix Schäfer
- Gregor Schmidt
- Holger Just
- Ivan Cenov
- Jan Schulz-Hofen
- Jean Philippe Lang
- Moritz Breit
We would like to especially thank Niels Lindenthal and Jan Schulz-Hofen who informed us of the (potential) security issues. If you think you have found a security issue in ChiliProject please report it to the security team privately so we can follow responsible disclosure.
In closing, go and download ChiliProject 2.5.0 now.