ChiliProject 2.7.0 has just been released. It includes some new features and bugfixes for ChiliProject 2.6.0. It is suitable for use on production websites.
This is the last regular release of the 2.x series of ChiliProject. With the final 3.0.0 release today, the 2.x branch enters maintenance mode. We will only provide security updates for it until the release of 4.0.0 planned for summer. The old ChiliProject 1.x branch will be considered unsupported from now on. We will not provide any new patches or releases for it. Users still running ChiliProject 1.x are strongly advised to update to ChiliProject 3.0.0.
2.7.0 includes 8 bug fixes for 2.6.0. None of the bug fixes is security related.
User running 2.6.0 are encouraged to updated as the previous 2.6.0 release contained a regression which prevented ChiliProject from using the correct Rails environment when used with certain application servers and environments.
The full list of changes is below:
- Bug #593: Notification Mail for Wiki-Changes has wrong Diff
- Bug #775: Activity view too verbose
- Bug #819: RAILS_ENV is not properly set if running under thin
- Bug #822: Initial journal creation fails because of the missing log_encoding of Repositories
- Bug #823: Plugin in new directory not picking up Gemfile
- Bug #839: ruby-debug19 breaks on Ruby 1.9.3
- Bug #849: Prefix parameter of thin is not working
- Bug #857: Gemfile has an non ASCII character
This release marks the end of the 2.x release cycle. Effective immediately the 2.x branch will enter maintenance mode and will only receive security updates until the release of 4.0.0 around July 2012.
With the release of 3.0.0 today the 1.x branch will stop to be supported at all. We will not issue and more releases, bugfixes or security patches for this branch anymore. If you are still using ChiliProject 1.x, you are strongly advised to upgrade to 3.0.0 as soon as possible.
In closing, go and download ChiliProject 2.7.0 now.