ChiliProject 2.6.0 has just been released. It includes some new features and bugfixes for ChiliProject 2.5.0. It is suitable for use on production websites.
2.6.0 includes 6 new features and 8 bug fixes for 2.5.0. None of the bug fixes is security related. The major highlights of this release are:
- ChiliProject is now fully compatible with Ruby 1.9.3
- Plugins needed by the core and user-provided plugins should now be separated. Users are advised to install their custom plugins into vendor/chiliproject_plugins from now on. This helps to distinguish plugins during updates. Existing installations with all plugins in vendor/plugins will continue to work as they used to be.
- Admins using LDAP as an authentication backend can now define arbitrary LDAP filters to further narrow down the elements eligible for authentication.
- rdm-mailhandler.rb which is used for receiving mails is usable again after fixing a regression introduced in 2.5.0
- Small bug fixes and translation improvements.
All users of ChiliProject are encouraged to update their installations as fits. This release contains no security related fixes.
The full list of changes are below:
- Bug #356: Clicking on login while logged-in logs you out
- Bug #463: REST API does not accept Basic HTTP auth when running through Apache mod_proxy
- Bug #708: AAJ does not create journals, when models are created using sub classes
- Bug #740: Revision page, new files are not displayed (Git Repo)
- Bug #746: Problems with rdm-mailhandler.rb
- Bug #748: ChiliProject::VERSION.revision doesn’t capture error output
- Bug #761: Fix quoting in shell-out (git adapter)
- Bug #812: Change references to Redmine
- Feature #298: Seperate core plugins and user plugins into different directories
- Feature #388: Add LDAP filter to ldap authentication
- Feature #486: Do not display edit link in annotation page when you don’t have permissions
- Feature #733: Add css class for issues that are due today
- Feature #785: pt-BR translation updates
- Feature #789: Provide a rackup file for Rack-only servers like pow.cx
Contributors to 2.6.0
- Enderson Maia
- Eric Davis
- Felix Schäfer
- Florian Mutter
- Gregor Schmidt
- Holger Just
- Jean Philippe Lang
- Moritz Breit
- Spencer Markowski
- Tom Rochette
We are working on the final features and bug fixes for the next beta for ChiliProject 3.0.0. If you’re interested in participating or helping out the development, please leave a comment below or post to our forums.
This release marks the beginning of the end of the 2.x release cycle. Depending on how many bugs emerge until the release of 3.0.0 we will probably issue a last normal release shortly after 3.0.0 is released later this month. After that, the 2.x branch will enter maintenance mode and will only receive security updates until the release of 4.0.0 in summer.
After the release of 3.0.0 the 1.x branch will stop to be supported at all. We will not issue and more releases, bugfixes or security patches for this branch anymore. If you are still using ChiliProject 1.x, you are strongly advised to upgrade to either 2.6.0 or to 3.0.0 as soon as possible.
In closing, go and download ChiliProject 2.6.0 now.